MediaPost Report Source | MediaPost
B2B buyers are spoiled by Amazon Business.
According to Avionos report-Positio ning Strategic B2B Ecommerce In A Digital-First World
B2B buyers want seller-specific, 24/7 digital customer service.
This survey report on 150 B2B buyers shows that 60% of respondents want a seamless customer experience; 47% of respondents expect sellers to respond to their needs instantly.
At the same time, 47% of respondents hope that these traditional companies will be as agile as the native Internet peoples-Google and Amazon.
A survey of purchasing behavior on Amazon Business found that 30% of respondents conduct large purchases through it. 25% of respondents believe it is to change their purchasing behavior. 23% of respondents purchase separately from Amazon Business and other vendors; 22% of respondents complete purchases from independent vendors only.
31% of first-time purchasers and 28% of repurchase customers consider personalized products and prices (stairs) to be important.
Note, however, that the following pain points are important for buyers to complete their purchases:
1) Lack of product characteristic information (product parameters, color, etc.)-46%
2) Wrong product information-32%
3) Product information with low matching requirements-29%
4) Lack of evaluation from other customers-29%
5) Missing product pictures-24%
6) Lack of product videos-19%
The following content form is what the interviewees think should be provided in transactional emails or other forms of communication.
1) Update of order and logistics information-59%
2) Customer service support-59%
3) Enterprise account management capabilities (such as authorization of purchasers and purchased items)-55%
4) Historical orders-54%
5) Timely inventory information-53%
6) Queryable customer behavior records-52%
7) Product recommendation-30%
"After many years of development, B2B e-commerce is 'consumerizing'," said Scott Webb, President of Avionos . "And this is just the beginning. Real B2B online behavior is emerging. Although it is now beginning to emphasize ease of use, but more What's important is that online experiences need to respect the complexity of B2B business relationships and integrate them into product design. "